Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I want to know what my dog died for?

Customer Question
I want to know what my dog died for?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. My condolences for your loss. I need to know your dog's breed, age, sex, neutered or not, how long your dog had been ill, what signs you saw, and whether it had been attended to by a vet. If so, what were you told was wrong and how was your dog treated, please?

She was a toy poodle. Age 6 1/2 years old. She was about 2 to 3 weeks. Female. I didn't take her to the vet. My husband get. I saw breathing really hard about all the time. You could hear she about all over the house. She would lice paw. They really didn't know what was wrong with her. That really young vet. Said it was her leg. I know it was not her leg. Her leg wouldn't cause her to died. The medicine wouldn't cause that either. That vet. Was not the only one saw her. First it was a lady vet. After she died. Kenneth mom called us that morning and told us that she had died. I think it was her heart. She has never done that before.
No. I am going to get her file from that office and take them to a vet.

I agree with you. Dyspnea (difficult breathing) in a toy poodle should be considered due to advanced cardiopulmonary diseases unless otherwise proven. Your poodle is likely to have died from congestive heart failure particularly if a heart murmur had been heard in previous physical exams. Congestive heart failure commonly is caused by myxomatous valve disease ("leaky valves") in toy poodles and we also need to consider heartworm disease and congenital (present at birth) heart defects. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Our messages crossed. See my post timestamped 7:13PM (my time).