Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has shown signs of pain in her back and yelps when we

Customer Question

Hi she has shown signs of pain in her back and yelps when we touch it although she walks and jumps up on her back legs as normal , she also will not jump up onto your lap or chairs or the bed which normally she would do at every opportunity when she yelps she gets very timid and shys away..... she is eating and drinking as normal and has shown no signs of aggression and she seems to want to get up with us but holds back almost like she is scared of hurting herself , I have no explanation of what could have caused this as we have not witnessed her falling or slipping anywhere (and she is with us wherever we are)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella and she is 4 she is a French bulldog
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: we have had problems with rats in the garden a few years ago but haven't witnessed any since
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

When did the back issue start? Is she yelping when you touch a specific spot on her back or neck? Is she eating as usual? Any changes going up and down stairs?