Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a senior Pomeranian who's right now experiencing

Customer Question
I have a senior...

I have a senior Pomeranian who's right now experiencing problems trying to poop. I m sure he's constipated and I think he's unpacked. He's crying and straining and its 11:30 at night here

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Clarence. He's about 16 years old. He's got arthritis too

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Clarence?

He hasn't any other problems

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 4 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you I am sorry that your question was not picked up sooner.

When was the last time he had a bowel movement?

Was it normal , hard, or soft?

What type of food does he normally eat?

Does he ever eat non food items such as rawhides, bones etc?

What remedy have you tried for this so far?

He is over the problem, without your help. Fine now. I dont expect to be chared for thos "advice." I was disconnected twice and entered all info 3 times, including debit card info.No response. Not too happy. But thanks, anyway.

I am very sorry you had this problem with the site. I will get it reported. I am glad your pup is feeling better.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian