Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Considering getting a 2 year old male german shepherd is it…

Customer Question
Considering getting a 2...

Considering getting a 2 year old male german shepherd is it okay to neuter and if so, just after getting him or should allow time to know me first

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

No problem with dog just don't want him straying off for female in heat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He doesn't hurt

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Kam

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kam?

He will be my service dog

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. At two years of age, he is skeletally mature and could safely be neutered at any time. I would allow him a few weeks to acclimate with you before scheduling surgery. You want to be able to form a bond with him. Shepherds make great, loyal service dogs. Do you have an organization you are working with?

TY.
That's what I thought, but I wanted confirmation.

Your welcome. Enjoy your new companion. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to post. Take care and enjoy the holidays.