Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I was at work and my mom said he w water broke around 3

Customer Question
I was at work...

I was at work and my mom said he w water broke around 3 today and when I got home at around 11 tonight she's had a green liquid leaking from her if she okay I'm really scared that there's something wrong because there hasn't been no puppies yet please tell me she's okay?????

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the puppy?

There has been no puppies born yet but my mom said a sack that was her water was hanging out and when i got home from work at 11 tonight she had a green liquid leaking from her and she's licking it up

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the puppy seem to hurt?

She doesn't seem to hurt she's panting and I have a right here next to me and she keeps on like moving and digging into the blankets and such I really don't know where she's hurting you know I'm just really nervous because I love my dog and I don't want nothing to happen to her and I want to make sure if there's something wrong I get her help right away if you understand where I'm coming from

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Her name is Angel

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Angel?

No not really she's right next to me though all my bed I have her set up with a bunch of you know towels and old sheets and she seems to be sleeping right now and not really panting but when I start the pattern she starts to pant I'm just really nervous I don't know what to do I don't want her to die I don't want the puppies to die either I just want to be okay she's my world she's my little girl and I love her to death I don't know what I would do if something happened to her

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Angel, please? A green discharge prior to any puppy born is one of the indicators of dystocia (difficult birth) and warrants having Angel's vet attend to her.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian