Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been losing her fur on her tail. He thyroid

Customer Question
hormone level is low but...
My dog has been losing her fur on her tail. He thyroid hormone level is low but still within normal limits, according to her Vet. She had reduced strength in her hind legs and has had difficulty controlling her bowel movements but has not had any difficulty urinating. She is currently on Denamarin. I'm not sure what I should be doing - she is 15 years old.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

She is fine. Strength in her back legs is diminished as well as losing the fur on her tail. She is on Denamarin and thyroid has been tested and functioning at lower level but within normal range. Waiting for results from blood test to see how her liver is functioning since taking the medication.

It sounds like the thyroid level is low but the liver level is high, is that correct?

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Is she on a thyroid supplement? Do you have a copy of the thyroid level to share?