Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a new puppy 14 wk old dobie and my older 3 year old…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new puppy 14 wk old dobie and my older 3 year old dobie really enjoys playing with him. I've noticed she'll drink water after playing with him and may vomit within 30 mins or after a couple of hours

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

I think she's just really excited. she only eats 1x a day plus treats. no

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Zoe- female 3yr old dobie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoe-?

No, issue just started a few days now only after the baby has grown a bit. Zoe is 88lbs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
it's my 3 year old that's vomiting, Zoe
is there anything I can do to simmer her tummy after she plays with him? Zoe's spirits are high, normal stool. I feel she's just really excited to have a new baby dobie to play with. Is there anything i should or shouldn't be doing?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 4 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

I would watch how she is intaking water as if she is drinking too fast or gulping ,this can cause a gassy buildup and sometimes this will have a dog vomit after eating or drinking. If you think the dog is drinking too fast they actually sell slow feed water bowls to slow the dogs drinking down. This seems to help.

If it is do to stomach upset you can try giving a pepcid AC in the AM and see if that helps.

Here is information and dosing. http://Pepcid http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

Sally G.
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant