Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Just got home and my mini yorky puppy is shaking and peeing.

Customer Question
Just got home and...

Just got home and my mini yorky puppy is shaking and peeing

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Ditty

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ditty?

He got his final puppy shots last friday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you. Was Ditty playing before this happened?

Do you have Karo , Pancake syrup or Nutrical in the house?

Joan

I am sorry nobody responded sooner. I just came on and want to assist.It does not look you are on, so I want to leave you some information. I suspect the Puppy is going Hypoglycemic. The blood sugar drops rapily in these little ones. You need to take some Karo syrup, Pancake Syrup or Nutrical into him to balance the Glucose levels. When they go into Hypoglycemia they get lethargic shake and can go into seizures. Start with 1/2 teaspoon full on the gums and tongue. You can repeat the syrup. This should pull your little one out and make Ditty feel better. This is some information on Hypoglycemia:

http://www.marvistavet.com/toy-breed-hypoglycemia.pml

Please hit reply for any questions or discussion about this information.

Joan

How is Ditty doing today? Did the syrup seem to help him feel better? I wanted to check in.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech