Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is in pain She takes tramadol but is out I cant afford…

Customer Question
She is in pain...

She is in pain She takes tramadol but is out I cant afford vet bills right now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Mixed breed of some sort

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Looks like she has german shepherd in her

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the German shepherd's name and age?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the German shepherd?

Sand Adkins, 6 years Sandy

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the German shepherd's name?

Sandy Adkins

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Has she seen your regular veterinarian in the past year? If so your veterinarian should be able to fill the prescription for you or write you a prescription.

What is hurting her? Is it her hips ?

it is her hips, she can no longer see the Vet due to them going out of business abruptly. I cannot afford to take her to another veterinary. Can you prescribe them to her?

Unfortunately, United States laws over veterinarians dictate that we cannot prescribe medications for a pet we have not physically examined. It can be really frustrating especially in cases like these.

Can you try a low-cost veterinarian, or sometimes shelters will provide low-cost veterinarian care?

There are some over the counter joint supplements you can purchase from amazon.com to try and help with the hip pain.

https://www.amazon.com/MoVo-Flex-Joint-Support-Large-60/dp/B01E44ZX9U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512075995&sr=8-3&keywords=movoflex​

https://www.amazon.com/Antinol-Dogs-soft-Gel-Capsules/dp/B06XWMQQG3/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1512076020&sr=1-1&keywords=antinol​

Yeah, we utilize them, they do not work. Can you prescribe my dog the Tramadol or not? Yes or No please? I love my dog and don't like to see her suffer a lower quality of life due to pain.

I have told you above that, unfortunately, the US laws prohibit veterinarians from prescribing drugs to patients they have not examined so no I cannot prescribe any medications for your dog.

I can help you locate a low cost veterinarian if you can tell me where you are located