Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a pitbull about 3 4 years old in yesterday evening…

Customer Question
I have a pitbull...

I have a pitbull about 3 4 years old in yesterday evening his legs just started shaking and couldn't walk very well and now I can't get up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Bam Bam also he's not drinking water but he eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No he's always been a good healthy playful dog

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I am Dr Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry to hear about Bam Bam. I am working on a response right now and will be back shortly.
Is he completely unable to get up? Is he able to use his back legs at all i.e. does he have feeling in his paws if you touch them?
There are so many things that can cause lameness but this sounds a bit more serious than just a strain or sprain. If he was otherwise fine and then started shaking and now is not using his legs properly, I worry more about neurologic conditions. If a pet is completely unable to use the back legs or front legs that us more of an emergency.
Thus can happen from some type of neuropathy or an injury to the back. The best thing to do given what you are describing is to have him examined to be sure that he is ok. Maybe it is not too serious and he just needs pain medications. Better to be safe though.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to help.
If you are satisfied with my assistance a 5 star rating is always appreciated and is how we as experts are recognized and compensated for our time.
Even after the rating this conversation will stay open for about a week.
Please feel free to send me any information and any questions so we can work through this more.
Sincerely,
Dr. Nicole
Any questions?
Just checking in to see if things are going ok.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian