Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Iv been experiencing a weird behaviour from my puppy after…

Customer Question
.iv been experiencing a weird...

.iv been experiencing a weird behaviour from my puppy after she returned back from the groomer, i hope you can help me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
she is 18 weeks, Shih Tzu & Yorkie mix, she used to have a very long fluffy hair that got matted and we took her to the groomer and they cut it super short for the first time, they didn't cut the hair on her tail nor the face! she is acting sad or tired, usually, when we wake up, she is ready for us happy to play, but this morning she was very tired and she ate and went back to sleep! it's weird! also, we experience that sometimes she walks funny on her front paws and lifts her butt and rear legs in her body and walks for a sec or two, but when we take her out of the house she runs and act normally, she eats and drinks normally! oh one more thing, we live in an upper townhouse so when we leave the house she used to hop down the stairs with no problem, now she is hesitating at first and then goes down.
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 7 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Was this her first grooming session?

Did they express her anal glands?

Did they cut her nails?

Is she avoiding jumping?

thank you very much, but i already took care of her, and took her to the vet, i was expecting to get an answer within 30 min. thanks

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't even get notification until that afternoon. I'm glad she has been seen.