Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a limp in his left leg and not broken think something…

Customer Question
He has a limp...

He has a limp in his left leg and not broken think something between his paw pads

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Nothing our vet long ago gave us some pharmassen wipes long ago we live in florida

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Cooper just turned 2 and thanks for your help don't have money for a xraythey told me like 150 or more

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Nope I been pressing up and down the leg to see if he yipes only thing is when I open his paw pads he starts to lick me heeee don't know if he had a sand spur buried in it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you!

Is the skin between the pads red?

Is he licking that paw?

Paul

but all pads on all 4 feet are red

Okay

Wondering if the paw issue is unrelated and a red herring so as to speak

You live in Florida so we have to consider allergies and internal parasites (one sp of hookworms will burrow in through feet if dogs are in the sand a lot)

BUT back to the lameness

IF it came on suddenly then this is almost for sure a sprain or a strain.

I would give him 10.0 mg/pound aspirin and cage rest him for 24 hours

Okay?

Paul