Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Seems to have a lot of mucus in her nose,taken her to the…

Customer Question
Seems to have a...

Seems to have a lot of mucus in her nose,taken her to the vet they give her steroid shot and gets better but it get expensive..was wondering if musinex would work..they suggested zyrtech doesn't work

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Wuwu shes 11 or 12 ish

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

This is pretty much her problem all the tie seems like allergies

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Candy, Veterinary Technician replied 7 months ago
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician

Hello, My name is Candy
I am sorry to hear your dog is having some trouble.

Mucinex can be used in dogs. The dose is 20mgs per pound of body weight every 12 hours.

Infant saline nose drops can also help. Make sure to use the saline only and not medicated drops. Apply 2-3 drops in each side of the nose twice daily. This can cause them to sneeze spraying mucus so do this in an area that is easily cleaned.

If the problem continues it may be best to ask that a scope be done of the nose to be sure that there are no problems such as nasal polyps.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating to end this session.

Candy

Candy

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Candy