Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

A couple of days ago I noticed his nose area had gone lumpy…

Customer Question
Hi, a couple of...

Hi, a couple of days ago I noticed his nose area had gone lumpy but it didn't seem to be bothering, yesterday he started scratching at it and I've been trying to stop him but now he has bleeding wounds on both sides. He's acting normally but it looks really sore

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

He's called Bernie and he's 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bernie?

He recently had fleas but they seem to have gone now. I have photos of the wounds if I'm able to send them.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. Please post the photos. I need to ask a few questions. Does Bernie have a history of skin issues or ear infections? Have you changed his diet or treats in the last few weeks?