Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is Mac. He has started scratching the .board floor in…

Customer Question
Hello. my name Carole...

Hello. my name Carole. My dog is Mac. He has started scratching the .board floor in many places. Chewing on the legs of chairs. Goes to bite if I try and get him away. He is really manic. I live in an apartment. This makes it very difficult as I am scared someone will complain and we will be evicted . I have never owned a dog before. He is three and a half years old. Can you suggest what I should do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mac?

We give him tick and flea tablets as advised.Brav ECTO and Comfortis. He has not long been shaved and clipped.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 7 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as a service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

How long have you owned him?

Where did you get him from?

How long has he been doing this?

Does he do this when he is left alone?

Do you train him? How often?

What commands does he know?