Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

42 pound poodle just consumed 50 tablets of Quiet Moments…

Customer Question
42 pound poodle just consumed...
42 pound poodle just consumed 50 tablets of Quiet Moments calming aid plus Melatonin.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Give me a moment to see what we may be dealing with.

Melatonin should be ok he may just be sleepy but I need to check the other ingredients

Do you have any hydrogen peroxide at home? I cannot find information on the other ingredients so we need to induce vomiting to be on the safe side.

Chamomile alone when overdosed can cause bleeding issues so we really do need to induce vomiting. Hello are you there?

You can either drive him to the nearest emergency veterinary hospital where they can give him an injection to induce vomiting or we can try from at home with 4 full tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide given orally.

Hi Barbara,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Barbara Stafford. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian