Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy�s testicals have dropped and he I still crying

Customer Question
Second opinion] My puppy�s...

Second opinion] My puppy�s testicals have dropped and he I still crying almost nonstop. I have volterren gel and I�m wondering about using it on him. Is it safe? Does it translate?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the puppy's name?

Ollie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ollie?

It�s not the noise I�m concerned with it�s the reason he�s crying I don�t want him in pain unnecessarily

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
A portion of my question seems to have been discarded. The part where I explain it’s not the dropping that is the concern. it’s the sit, glancing blow, and crying while he is trying to get to my shoulder.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry your puppy seems to be painful. His testicles dropping should not be painful to him.

Volteran is not safe to use on dogs; it can cause kidney problems.

Not the dropping of said organs. The glancing blows that no matter how indirect can cause a grown man to cry! My god haven’t any of you read that whole section?

I can't see your previous post about the glancing blows. The portion you say was discarded does not show up where I can read, I am so sorry to say.

Still, it is not safe to use Volteran on a dog.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?