Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Yesterday I noticed my dog looked very weak & did not want…

Customer Question
Hello, yesterday I noticed...

Hello, yesterday I noticed my dog looked very weak & did not want to eat & has been throwing up clear & sometimes it has some foam. I usually let him out back in the morning & bring him back inside at night. Today while picking up poop I noticed some blood on a leaf then in yard then I noticed some more & then I seen what looked to be a huge piece of turkey. He has been drinking water but been throwing up. Could someone have thrown this piece of meat over & could it be stuck or something? Should i take him to the vet or emergency vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I'm aware of. Im thinking the meat i found in the yard. He has all his shots & is up to date

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Rocky & 1 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rocky?

No he's been pretty healthy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Rocky today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

If you are noticing blood in his stools and he is acting abnormal and vomiting, I would definitely be worried about a gastroenteritis and/or a possible obstruction of the GI tract. I think an exam as soon as possible is warranted, even if that means utilizing ER services. The sooner he is evaluated and a diagnosis is found, the better his chance for recovery.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

petdrz