Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Vomited last night and diarrhea this am. Not taking water or…

Customer Question
Vomited last night and...

Vomited last night and diarrhea this am. Not taking water or broth this am.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Though up had something that looked like skin.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

13

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

A old Brazilian mastiff

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

We wondered if maybe Turkey skin. Possibly something out of the trash. She is resting but I worry if she doesn't start to drink. No more throwing up right now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am an aquatic veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your dog vomited yesterday and had an episode of diarrhea today. I am sorry to hear about what happened. Eating something out of the trash can cause these symptoms. There are a few ways you can go about treating her, but if she continues to vomit for more than 24 hours, or have diarrhea for more than 72 hours, then she should be seen by a veterinarian.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian