Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

His tail is bent at the top but doesn't seem to hurt.

Customer Question
His tail is bent...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Significantly, like a 70° bend

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Sophie, 14 dachshund

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Bent at the tip/end NOT top.
11/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please give me a moment to take a look at the pic...

Thank you. I must assume that the tail bones are ankylosed (frozen) in that position and so without breaking the tail and resetting it, it will remain in that position. Because this is nonpainful there's no reason to treat in any manner. You'll never lose Sophie in a crowd. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?