Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Really bad rash, loosing hair and he stinks especially

Customer Question
Really bad rash, loosing...

Really bad rash, loosing hair and he stinks especially inside the ears

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Jack and hes 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jack?

Nope he went to the vet and they hgave me meds and something to put in his ears. it got better a few months ago and now its 10 times worse

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Why am I still waiting for an answer? I thought my max wait was 30 minutes
I’ve been waiting 2 hours
Is this a scam?
11/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 4 months ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Sorry for the delay....experts come online at different times of the day/night....I just logged in and saw your question and wanted to address it right away.

Do his ears smell like bread dough?

Do you know what medication they put him on last time?

What kind of dog is he?

Does he do a lot of swimming?

Where is the rash?

Why was I told 30 minutes for an answer and it’s been nearly 12 hours
He’s a chocolate lab

I understand the frustration. It's possible other experts were busy or not online originally.

I guess you can say he has a sour stink
He’s chewing his legs now
I don’t remember the meds
His skin is red and Irritated

Great. How long ago was it that he got meds from the vet for his ears?

I need to get him on something but I can’t afford to take to the vet again for another $500. I’ve been unemployed for 6 months
Maybe 6 months ago
Can you Prescribe something for him

Gotcha. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Since it was only 6 months ago, the very first thing to do is to give your vet a call and ask them if they'll send out a refill of the medication without having to do the appointment and lab work again. Most vets have no problem doing that on dogs who have chronic issues.

Unfortunately, we can't prescribe any medication or anything in this forum. Just like in human medicine, it's illegal for us to prescribe without an in person consult.

I understand that you(like so many other people) are in a hard financial spot right now. There are some organizations that might be able to help. If you'll follow these links: http://www.speakingforspot.com/helppayingforveterinarycare.html , http://www.theamericandogmag.com/non-profit/resources-veterinary-bills-financial-assistance, you'll find dozens and dozens of organizations that may be able to help pay for you to take your dog to the vet. Also, there are some clinics who offer free exams and other treatments and require that you only pay for medications. If you'll follow this link: http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer , you can see if there is one in your area.

I hope this helps.

Lisa
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech