Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Our dog may have eaten mouse poison. Waiting for our vet to

Customer Question

Our dog may have eaten mouse poison. Waiting for our vet to call us back. Anything we can do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: It's bate from a bait box from our pest service. It was locked with their food and they broke in.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is on medication for leakage.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Do you know the active ingredient in that poison? It's either an anticoagulant or the neurotoxin bromethalin. How much could have been ingested? How much does your dog weigh, please?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?