Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Does sentinel kill mites. Finegan and fergus they are 10…

Customer Question
Does sentinel kill mites ...

Does sentinel kill mites

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Finegan and fergus they are 10 weeks old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Finegan?

Comes with 4 other litter mates all are itching

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

I am sorry to hear your puppies are having this problem.

Unfortunately, sentinel does not kill mites.

To get rid of ear mites, Revolution is the best product. It is a topical available from your vet.

For mites affecting the skin, an oral medication is best. Simparica, Nexgard, and Bravecto are the choices for that. These are also available from your vet via a prescription. These are the best routes to go to take care of these problems. The skin mite medications also treat and prevent fleas and ticks.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How are your dogs doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your pet the best. Have a great day!

Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian