Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog has kennel cough vaccines...came back from boarding for…

Customer Question
Dog has kennel cough vaccines...came...
Dog has kennel cough vaccines...came back from boarding for 4 days. He now coughs when he barks. Could this be from him being yanked around by his collar too much? He also had blood in his stool the first day back. The boarder told me that happens when dogs are excited ..their stomachs become irritated. I believe that has subsided now.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you!

Even though he had his vaccines it does not mean that he cant contract the infection.

The vaccines certainly will limit the severity and duration of same

Here is what I would like you to do:

Put him in bathroom and turn shower on hot for ten minutes

Repeat three times a day for three days

Give him Robitussin DM at 1 teaspoon three times a day

Update me tomorrow AM

He does NOT need antibiotics

Make sense?
Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian