Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My cow has a cut right along the bottom eyelid. She got

Customer Question
Hi. My cow has a...
Hi. My cow has a cut right along the bottom eyelid. She got caught up on the stall door latch. She’s not mooing or carrying on as if in pain. And seems to be blinking her eye as well. No significant bleeding that I can see. I’ll know more in the morning. Will something like this just heal up itself?
Thanks
Jay
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
It’s a cow I have not a dog
11/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concern this evening.

If you can post a picture of the injury, I can better assess it, but generally, as long as the lid can still cover the eye, then I would not be too concerned. For the most part, these injuries will heal very nicely, perhaps with a bit of a bump or flap, but be totally functional. Cosmetically, it may not be perfect which should not be a concern unless the animal is a show prospect.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions about the injury. I will be on for about another hour, but will be back online tomorrow morning.

Thank you.

Thanks! I’ll get a picture in the morning

Great. I will look for it tomorrow.

Have a good evening.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Linda