Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Sluggish not interested in food. Hershey is his name, he was…

Customer Question
Sluggish not interested in...

Sluggish not interested in food

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Hershey is his name, he was a stray that we ended up keeping for about 6mths. Not sure of age, prob 1-2

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Thank you for giving Hershey a home.

There are many things that could make a young dog so sluggish. Is he eating, and drinking?

If you lift his lip to check his gums, are they pink or do they seem pale?

Can you take his temperature with a rectal thermometer? Normal is 101.5.

He could have a fever, an infection, parasites, heartworm, or he could have gotten into something and eaten something that is indigestible.