Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She got s tuck with another dog different breed. I wud look…

Customer Question
She got s tuck...

She got s tuck with another dog different breed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

I wud look like to s top her from having babies she is only 9 monthes old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She dont dat I notice

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is the dog eating normally?

Yes well it just happened at 11pm last nite

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the dog having trouble peeing or pooing?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious problems there. How is the dog behaving differently?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious behavior changes. What is the dog's name?

Precious

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Precious?

No she is real play full with animals and people

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Accidents do happen!

Do you know if Precious started her first heat cycle yet? If so, do you know when she first started having bloody discharge?

Just lastzundY and it stopped yezterdY
Sundays

Ok great - so for the timing, there is a chance she could get pregnant from what happened last night, but unfortunately we do not have a good easy pregnancy test for dogs.

Were you planning to breed her at some point, or were you planning to have her spayed?

I wanted her to hVe po ups once

What kind of a dog is she?

And do you know what kind of dog her 'boyfriend' was?

Pit bull
Is there anything u can do to prevent her before it's too late

So you have a few options, assuming the 'worst' that she does get pregnant, and this link has more detailed explanations here: https://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=1564

1. She is technically old enough that she could have the puppies

2. She is old enough that she could be spayed now (even if she is early pregnant), then you would not have to worry about puppies now, but she couldn't get pregnant later

3. Wait for a month, then take her to the vet for either a pregnancy blood test, or an ultrasound to see if she is in fact pregnant, then decide if you want to have her spayed at that time, or do medication to induce an abortion

Does that help for some things to consider?

She a husky

Ok, so probably not a giant size difference, that can be a problem if it is something like a chihuahua getting with a great dane-

S month is way too late

Unfortunately, there is not a good way to determine if they are even pregnant much sooner than that :(

Some vets, if they are very experienced with ultrasound, might be able to detect pregnancy sooner than the 28 days out from breeding the blood test needs to be accurate. But most vets will hedge too, and of you did an ultrasound at say 3 weeks, and they don't see anything, they will say they don't see anything but still a chance they could be pregnant. If they do see something a few weeks in though, then you might know for sure sooner.

There used to be something like a 'morning after' shot for dogs, but it has a high risk for causing a potentially life threatening uterus infection, or a potentially fatal bone marrow reaction.

How can I get it

How can you get the shot? Or were you talking about something else?

I ts my 8 yr old daughter's birthday gift and she wanted to keep a pup cuz we were gonna have her neutered
da shot cuz I can't keep her if she has them now
Please help me Im begging u

It would probably mean making several phone calls to vets in your area to see if they carry it and were willing to do it, many vets are not due to the risk of problems.

But if you called and said, "My 9 month old puppy was accidentally bred, do you have the medication for the "Mis-mate" injection", they could then tell you if they have it or not.

If you go to the website http://www.vetlocator.com and enter your zipcode, it will give you the contact info for vets within 10 miles of your zipcode (or larger area if you choose).

Does that help for what to ask for?

I hope that helps for some ideas for what to ask about - if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If the information I've provided has been helpful, I hope you'll take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on the star rating system (or if you are not seeing the stars you can leave a written rating of 1-5, 5 being great service). Until you issue a rating of 3 or better, the website will not compensate me for helping you, and taking the time to answer these questions helps me to support my family. You'll still be able to chat with me even after giving a rating, at no further charge on this thread. My goal is to give you 5 star service - keep in mind you are rating only my help, not response time or any site or interface issues you might have. It is valuable feedback for me and for other pet owners as they seek help for their pets.

If you'd like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drbethg/?rpt=3800