Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is yelping when picked up. Doesn’t want to climb stairs…

Customer Question
He is yelping when...

He is yelping when picked up. Doesn’t want to climb stairs or jump in furniture

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

He yelps in pain. Shaking. He’s a chihuahua

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Pip 5 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Pip

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pip?

Nothing I know of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you :)

This sounds like he has hurt his back.

You can try resting him today and giving aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound by mouth twice a day or you can take him to be examined and x-rays of his back taken

Is he able to walk normally- not falling over or scuffing his paws?

Paul

I gave him a little baby aspirin and it’s helping. He went outside for a walk.

Good stuff!

Okay lets continue with that and update me in the AM

Okay?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian