Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is having night anxiety. Every night around 1 am. Totally…

Customer Question
He is having night...

He is having night anxiety. Every night around 1 am. Totally normal during the day

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Not sure how to help calm him down

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Nowhere that I can find. I’ve poked everywhere. Yummy isn’t distended

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Tummy

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Tummy?

Louie. 13.5. He’s a havanese

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tummy?

No it all seems fine. We had his anal sacs squeezed Friday thinking that was the cause of it earlier in the week

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
We are currently on prednisone for allergies.
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. What symptoms do you see when he's experiencing anxiety?

panting and shaking.
It always seems to last for about an hour and then it goes away. He’s been eating and drinking normal and is normal throughout the day. It’s just that one hour every night.

When did this begin?

About 3 days ago

Have there been any changes in the environment? New location? New people? Any construction in your home, apartment building or on the street? Any changes in the outdoor environment such as new furniture, etc? What is typically happening at 1am when this begins?