Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We own a small English bulldog. Female. We also have an

Customer Question
We own a small...

We own a small English bulldog. Female. We also have an aging cockapoo. Gracie is food aggressive with other dogs. There must have been a small bit of food on the floor and the dogs got into it for a moment. It was over quickly, my husband grabbed our bully by the collar and pulled her away from the other dog.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the English bulldog's name and age?

She was 2 Oct 5TH. She immediately began to choke, comited and passed out. Limp like a rag. I thought we had lost her. I started banging her on her back amd cleaned her mouth out ...and kept banging. She had peed all over herself. Slowly she recovered, got her wiggle back, and about an hour later ate a small dinner. She’s exhausted now. I’m very worried.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the English bulldog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the English bulldog?

No. She is lean and just saw a vet last week. I am thinking she might have chocked on that small bit of food that hit the floor...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Has she had any coughing or fainting episodes in the past?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian