Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

5 year old Havanese is badly constipated. Very

Customer Question

5 year old Havanese is badly constipated. Very uncomfortable.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lady Gaga.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lady?
Customer: This is very unusual for her. Last 2 weeks has been drinking more than normal and more frequent urination. This constipation started late this afternoon. Otherwise very healthy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed.

Can you describe what you're seeing?

Are you seeing loose stool or no stool production at all?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?