Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is making hiccuping/chocking sounds and is shaking. I…

Customer Question
He is making hiccuping/chocking...

He is making hiccuping/chocking sounds and is shaking. I noticed it when she has come down the stairs. She is a small terrier poddle type.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is approximatly 3.5 - 3 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?

She has been farting constantly and is not eating. It is my mothers dog. I have only had her for a week.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

She is transitioning from my elderly mother (who has been placed in a senior home). My mother fed her human food. I have been trying to feed her meat. She is a small poodle/terrier mix, about 3.5 y/o. I've noticed that she can get like this after running down the stairs.