Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Small dog hit by car and bleeding from the ear. He is

Customer Question
Small dog hit by...

Small dog hit by car and bleeding from the ear

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

He is panting and had a couple f seizures

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’d like to help with your concerns regarding your dog.

This is a medical emergency and you need to take your dog immediately to the nearest veterinary emergency hospital.

I'm so very sorry to hear that your dog was hit by a car. Bleeding from the ear and seizures are signs of head trauma and your dog is likely in very critical condition.

If you need help locating and emergency vet in your area, I can help you locate one.

The bleeding has stopped and no more siezures. He seems to be ok but want to go to sleep. Should I keep him awake for a while?

I recommend taking him to an emergency veterinary hospital to be evaluated. He may have increased pressure on his brain from the trauma which can cause seizures to continue without medication.

He may also have other internal injures that will need to be assessed and treated.

I do NOT recommend monitoring him at home.

Hi, it's Dr. Denise checking in. How is your dog doing today? Were you able to take him in to be evaluated.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

If you’d like to request me in the future for your pet-related questions, you can contact me at this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drdenise/?rpt=3800

Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian