Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been vomiting since yesterday morning. The first…

Customer Question
My dog has been...

My dog has been vomiting since yesterday morning. The first couple times it was solid but from then on out just clear fluid like water. He wants to drink water a lot. Last that I know of his last pee was last night. It kind sounds like he is having a hard time breathing.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

He did get in the garbage on thanksginving day and when he was throwing up we thought that he just ate to much stuffing or turkey. there were no bones that we know of.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Boozer, he is 6 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Boozer?

All he wants to is drink lots of water and walks around with his tail tucked. he will lay down.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Boozer.

When he drinks does he keep the water down, or does it come back up?

If you lift his lip to check his gums, are they pink in color or do they look pale?

There are many reasons for dogs to vomit, and most are not serious. A few are. If his gums are pink, that is a good sign.

You can try giving him some famotidine (Pepcid AC ) for vomiting. How much does he weigh?

How is Boozer doing? I have not heard back from you.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian