Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our dog is paralyised...I let him out to do his business and…

Customer Question
Our dog is paralyised...I...

Our dog is paralyised...I let him out to do his business and he did not return... after a few minutes I went out and he was lying on the ground

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

His legs are stiff.... the dog will not stand... he is very quiet.. just threw up he will be 16 next month

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No, normal food intake he was fine last night and walked out of the house fine also

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 16 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cole?

Weimareir

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Cole being paralyzed. How long as he been like this?

Sudden paralysis can be caused by a disc protruding into the spinal cord, a tumor in the spinal cord, a stroke, heart disease, many things. The place to start to find out what is wrong, and if it can be treated, is an exam by a veterinarian to check his pulses, circulation, reflexes, etc. Can you get him to a veterinarian today?

How is Cole doing? I did not hear back from you.