Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Possibly ingested pamabrom 50 mg a otc diuretic. Brantley 9…

Customer Question
Possibly ingested pamabrom 50...

Possibly ingested pamabrom 50 mg a otc diuretic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Brantley 9 month old Frenchy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brantley?

No he seems fine and don't even know when, if he did ingest it. The pill sleeve under the bathroom sink medicine cab and chewed on one side

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What does Brantley weigh?

How long ago did this possibly happen?

20 lbs. Maybe Tuesday or Wed. It's the only time he was acting a little different that I can remember.
He was licking th air a lot, so I kept giving him water. I thought maybe he didnt agree with the new treats we got him and it upset his stomach. But he's been fine ever since. When I got home a couple hours ago he was sprinting across my yard for 20 mins

Hello again,

If this happened days ago and Brantley is well in himself just now, we'd not be worried. If he had eaten this tablet, we'd have expected to see increased thirst, increased urination, and potentially urinary accidents. Sometimes we can see mild GI upset as well. Though in any case, these types of drugs cause those signs for no more than 12-24 hours. So, at this point, we'd not be worried at all of any long term harm if he did have one of these tablets.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

**************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
He's fine and we found the pills elsewhere. He chewed them but didn't swallow. He seems great. Thank you for following up.

You are very welcome, my dear.

That is great news and the best case scenario of course. So, hopefully he will avoid giving us any more scares for a good while. :)

Have a lovely day,

Dr. B.

**************************************

Please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian