Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has thrown up 5 times today and one time it was clear…

Customer Question
He has thrown up...

He has thrown up 5 times today and one time it was clear with white. His nose is wet and I didn't know if it was supposed to be wet or dry. I have a 95lb boxer inside dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

My husband fed him a little bit of raw deer meat but he threw that up the first 2 times

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Zeus and he's 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zeus?

He's caught up on shots. He hasn't had a heartworm pill in a long time.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did his signs start right after the deer meat?

Has he had any coughing before vomiting?

Can he keep any water or food down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian