Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has thrown up 5 times today and one time it was clear…

Customer Question
He has thrown up...

He has thrown up 5 times today and one time it was clear with white. His nose is wet and I didn't know if it was supposed to be wet or dry. I have a 95lb boxer inside dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

My husband fed him a little bit of raw deer meat but he threw that up the first 2 times

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Zeus and he's 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zeus?

He's caught up on shots. He hasn't had a heartworm pill in a long time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did his signs start right after the deer meat?

Has he had any coughing before vomiting?

Can he keep any water or food down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?