Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Mt pooldl was stepped on by my son he walks wobbly and tends…

Customer Question
Mt pooldl was stepped...

Mt pooldl was stepped on by my son he walks wobbly and tends to keep a paw bent over I am keepin him in crate a givin rhymidyl can he get better

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No cuts seems like he was hurt on back and upper shoulder

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Smokey eight yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Smokey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?

Well he does walk but he isn't stable and it seams hard this happened four days ago

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

If the wrist is bent over it could be a fracture? Is there any way you can take him to the ER vet for an x-ray? That is the only way you are going to know if he is going to get better or if he needs further treatment. I know that is probably not what you wanted to hear but I am just being honest. I have been a vet for 20 years and I still need x-ray to confirm if there is a fracture or a dislocation.

Well i didnt explain well the paw is not broken he can walk on it

Okay I am going to opt out and allow other experts to comment. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian