Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I accidentally cut my dogs elbow as I was grooming her. It’s…

Customer Question
Hi I accidentally cut...

Hi I accidentally cut my dogs elbow as I was grooming her. It’s a small wound but seems to be a bit deep. We have peroxide and are going to get neosporin. Do you recommend taking her to the ER or getting some skin glue and using that after disinfecting it? Thanks!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

Nope not bleeding at all thank God

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she’s 6. Seems in very good spirits and not licking it at all either.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Emma?

She had a skin lesion removed about a year ago but hate the only thing of importance really.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear what happened to Emma. This is very common; dog skin is so easy to cut accidentally.

Can you post a picture of the wound? If it is small, keeping it clean and applying Neosporin should be all you have to do.

Please let me know if you are seeing my answer, and what other questions I can answer.

I did not hear back from you; how is Emma?