Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy is 10 weeks old and we picked him up from the

Customer Question
My puppy is 10...

My puppy is 10 weeks old and we picked him up from the breeder two weeks ago today. The day after we picked him up he started ha omg diharrea, which eventually turned into bloody mucus. We contacted the breeder and said that we had him tested for parvo, it was negative, tested from parasites, and he came back positive for coccidia and giardia. We put him on anitobiotcs and he has been for three full days now and it's not getting better. He threw up twice so far and we can't figure out what's going on. He's not eating as abnormal puppy would and he's getting more tired. He's only 10 weeks please help!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?

No that's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

What medication is being given?

Did you have bloodwork performed, as well?

Are you still seeing diarrhea?

Any vomiting?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian