Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog had a busted anal gland gave her medicine but now she…

Customer Question
My dog had...

My dog had a busted anal gland gave her medicine but now she is so swollen what do I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Zoey 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoey?

I think she needs something to help her use the bathroom

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about Zoey. When she had the ruptured anal gland, was she seen and treated by your veterinarian for it? What medicine did she receive for it? Where is the swelling at at this time that you're seeing?