Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Myself and my dogs groomer can not cut his nails. he wont…

Customer Question
Myself and my dogs...

Myself and my dogs groomer can not cut his nails. he wont lets us. what do I do? help.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?

No he hates it andtrys bitting us. no bleeding he is very picky about his feet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Patrick and he is four years old. he is a havanese.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Patrick?

Well he is always cleaning his feet. he is fine other that that.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 5 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Does he go outside in an enclosed yard to run around or not?

Have they tried desensitizing him to cutting the nails?

has a dremel been tried yet?

Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 4 months ago

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Me

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

has a dremel been tried yet?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian