Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 7 year old Doberman female seems to be having some kind…

Customer Question
My 7 year old...

My 7 year old Doberman female seems to be having some kind of seTherisizure.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Doberman?

My 7 year old female doberman seems to be having some kind of seizure. There is saliva on her front paws and she continues lying down and was twitching for about a half hour. Now she is not twitching but is lethargic and disoriented.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Doberman's name?

Diva

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Diva?

She is over-sized

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Any chance of a head trauma?

Any access to toxins (ie drugs/meds, chemicals, plants)?

Any head tilting, head pressing into things, or tremors since the seizure?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian