Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

His not eating, throwing up and has the runs, might have…

Customer Question
His not eating, throwing...

His not eating, throwing up and has the runs, might have blood in his poop

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that we know, ran away 6 days ago, neighbor let the dogs out, hate's dogs. Do you think that he gave him something, When to worry if we need to take him to a vet clinic. Both my daughter and I have little income.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No, he eat a little yesterday and is drinking water. We thought of giving him pedialite

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
When the dog through up last time it was just vile and it really smelled.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has he been showing signs?

What does the vomit and diarrhea look like?

How much blood are you seeing (spoonful, more or less)?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Is he up to date on vaccines?

He can not holdPlease call my daughter(###) ###-####