Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My girl has Pul HTN. I was just looking for dosing info on…

Customer Question
My girl has Pul...

My girl has Pul HTN.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

I was just looking for dosing info on Viagra dosing, shes about 17.8lbs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Shes not hurt

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?

Salle age determined by oral mouth films to be about 7-8 years, she was a rescue

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Salle

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Salle?

Already on heart meds

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Braxzzell here.

You will be happy to know that I have diagnosed over a thousand cases of this- having provided mobile ultrasound services in Hong Kong.

How was the diagnosis made and what is the gradient?

Paul

Salle a 7-8 year old female that was rescued after someone tied her to the door of the human society. She has a very large heart dx: by chest X-ray, huge 3 or 4th degree heart murmur, on Enalapril, Vetmedin, Apoquel and Rimadyl. She needs to have a ECHO and that is next to do. I have only had her a almost two years. She’s a different dog... but my question is dosing “viagra” or the vet equivalent for her. She almost 19 lbs. we can gets medications from Canada cheaper, thus why I ask the question.
Kim
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago

Good morning.

Sorry to reply so late

If we dont know that there is pulmonary hypertension then it does not make sense to treat with Sildenafil. The Vetmedin that she is on already works on PH also.

Paul

Good to know...ECHO here $500 to $600. Will be worth it! Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Kim

Merry Christmas to you too!

And yes that echo will be the ticket for determining if there is any PH.

Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how I get paid

Paul