Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has been vomiting since Wed. night. He won't eat. He will…

Customer Question
He has been vomiting...

He has been vomiting since Wed. night. He won't eat. He will drink but he throws up soon after.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

My wife walked him Wed. morning and she thought he may have eaten something on the side of the road when she wasn't looking

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Buddy, he is 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Buddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?

He has seizures. He is on meds for that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am a little concerned here as you are no doubt.

This may be a simple case of acute gastritis or we could be dealing with pancreatitis or toxic bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease or even Addison's disease.

:Lets try some simple things first and then re-evaluate.

NO food for the rest of the day- I know he is not eating

Offer water in only small amounts at one time

Buy some Zantac (Ranitidine) and give 1.0 mg/kg three times a day

Update me in two to three hours.

IF he continues to vomit andis unable to keep water down then he needs to go to the ER. WE cannot take a chance on dehydration and other more serious complications. They will check his blood and urine and x-ray or ultrasound his abdomen.

IF he settles down and and can keep water down then we will continue to nurse him at home

Okay?
Paul

I would like a refund. Your website stated there was a $5 refundable deposit, and I was okay with that, but then it wanted a monthly fee and I was not okay with that. At that point I chose to cancel the transaction, and now I find that you billed me $19 ,after I cancelled.

Good morning

I dont have anything to do with the billing

I just try and help people who post problems with their pets.

How is Buddy this morning?

Paul