Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our Chihuahua was given 2 shots 11-18-17, 1 for her 3 year…

Our Chihuahua was given...

Our Chihuahua was given 2 shots 11-18-17, 1 for her 3 year rabies vaccine and the other was for leptospirosos 4. Yesterday we noticed a large bump in the area of the vaccinations. This morning she is in quite a bit of pain, yelping/crying and limping on her right front leg. Shots were given in the shoulder of her right front leg. Should we call our Vet, or will this be a temporary thing for her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the Chihuahua's name?

Baby....she was a rescue..

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?

Not at this time.

11/24/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

You do not have to take her in but we do want to make her comfortable.

Lumps can occur secondarily to vaccines and they can be painful

I would recommend cold compresses and aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound twice daily with food

IF this does not help then yes you have her examined on Monday

Okay?
Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Thanks DocPaul, we will monitor her situation and follow your suggestions.
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well,
Jacky from Westerville, OH

Very welcome

Please update me over the weekend

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul