Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 5lb Pomeranian ate a 5000mg vitamin d supplement should I…

Customer Question
My 5lb Pomeranian ate a...
My 5lb Pomeranian ate a 5000mg vitamin d supplement should I be concerned?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Is this Vitamin D2 or D3?

2- Can you double check if it is mg, mcg or IU?

It’s D3 and it is 5000IU
It’s vitamin D3 and it’s 5,000 IU

Friend, one single dose of Vitamin D3 5,000 IU will not be life-threatening or toxic to a 5 lbs dog; your dog will be fine; no need to be concerned.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter