Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog a chihuiga black fem. I want artifical encimination…

Customer Question
My dog a chihuiga...

My dog a chihuiga black fem

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

I want artifical encimination on a 2 yr oll chihouha

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

No hurt !

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I want to enciminate her to a tea cup

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

I just want to enciminate her t a tea cup

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 8 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

If she is at the right stage of heat, you might try letting nature take its course but I do understand if you wish to aritificially inseminate her. You do need to be sure you keep all instruments and supplies sterile.

For artificial insemination, it is necessary to collect semen from your male dog. The best way is to have a dog that is in heat around to tease the male into performing. Usually a rubber cone and collection tube is used to collect the semen.

Here is an excellent site on this.

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/theriogenology-5361/dog--white_2.htm

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/reprod/semeneval/dog.html

And purchase kits from here:

http://www.equitainer.com/Canine/AIKit.htm

https://www.camelotfarms.com/other_products.html

This is a video of an AI being performed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxXlniylh5g

I hope this is what you wanted to know. A lot of breeders elect to use AI to avoid sexually transmitted diseases that can lead to infertility. Breeders also like to know for sure that the their dog was impregnated since natural mating is not always successful if a tie in not achieved.

I hope I've given you great service. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating. The rating should be based on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated until a rating is done. If you have any other questions at all, please reply here and I'll be happy to follow up with you even after you have rated. .

Hi Again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. I strive to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful?.