Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

His belly is bloated. He seems much more calm than he

Customer Question
His belly is bloated...

His belly is bloated. He seems much more calm than he normally is. And, he isn't eating much.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** is a Lhasa apso/poodle and 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bug?

This has been going on for 3 weeks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this...

is Bug vomiting? and is Bug having normal bowel movements in amount and quality?

No, he is not vomitting. And his bowel movements seem normal.
My sister pressed on him a bit and he expelled some gas.
But, he's still pretty bloated.

So, there are several things that can cause bloating in a 10 year old dog....Cushings disease, gas, abdominal tumors in the GI tract.....and fluid from heart problems...

Usually in a 10 year old dog when you have signs present this long it is time for a vet visit...

You don't have to go tonight but I would try and get an appt for tomorrow....Xrays of his abdomen need to be done and some bloodwork along with a good physical to figure out what is going on....

At least a CBC, heartworm test, chem panel and tummy rads....

Can I answer any other questions for you tonight?

are you there?

Can I offer any further assistance today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian